we are located on the edge of the large town of High Wycombe we are very
fortunate to have beautiful and spacious grounds: these grounds of 160 acres
rise to 500-feet above sea level, including woods, gardens and a lake.
These grounds are not only beautiful but also a haven for a wide variety of wild-life, including deer, badgers and many species of bird. One of the pleasures of an early morning walk is the chance of encountering a roe deer on the path or spotting a red kite or a buzzard on a hunting trip.
Two of the boarding Houses are in the Abbey building, a fine gothic structure of architectural and historic interest, rebuilt in 1798 by James Wyatt for the first Lord Carrington. Four purpose-built Houses, Barry, Butler, Airlie and Campbell, are on the slopes of Marlow Hill. Three Houses, Shelburne, Cloister and Wendover, are at the top of the hill in Daws Hill House, the former residence of the Carrington family.
Junior House and Clarence have been designed to meet the specific needs of the youngest girls and senior students.
The School is well-equipped for all the activities - academic, creative, physical, and recreational - undertaken by the girls. In the Abbey, the original part of the School, there are well-stocked libraries for both junior and senior girls. Our Chapel, built in the 1920s, stands at the heart of the School complex as befits the central role that it plays in developing spiritual values.
As well as fully equipped general teaching rooms, there are specialist areas, including a suite of science laboratories and a language laboratory equipped with computers and satellite television. There are also special buildings for Art, Music and Sport. The three IT rooms are at the centre of the School’s network which extends into all teaching and administrative areas.